Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sky Talk


“The Old Lakota was wise, He knew that man’s heart away from nature becomes hard.”
~Luthur Standing Bear, Oglala Sioux

 This morning on my way to work, God spoke to me through the beauty of the sky. Rays from the sunrise filtered through the clouds like a long-fingered fan, as if He reached down to each one of us making our way on the road. A mile or so farther along I looked up again. The clouds seemed to be spraying slightly darker mists of water in the sky, but it wasn't raining. The sun still broke through along with blue sky in most places. As I turned off the highway, there was a small rainbow in those clouds!

I sensed God wanted to pour out his love and power again. When I saw the rainbow He spoke this into my spirit, "I will renew my promises."

Thank you, Father, for your promises and for your creation that speaks to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment