Friday, March 20, 2009

March 20, 2009 - Essential

The Essential Oil in a plant is basically its blood. Like our blood it carries nutrients, oxygen and water to every part of the plant. It is the life of the plant.

For this reason, essential oils can be very healing. Depending on the personalities--properties--of each plant the essential oil can affect our bodies in a number of positive ways.

"You do not need to have worked with essential oils on a daily basis over many years to come to the realization that nature has provided mankind with a tremendously powerful and diverse materia medica. Some of the healing that has taken place under their influence would be called miraculous if we didn't have the scientific basis for explaining how the oils work...Each oil has its own medicinal and other properties. Modern-day research has confirmed centuries of practical use of the oils, and we now know that the fragrant pharmacy contains, apart from its antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal qualities, essential oils which are antiseptic, antiinflammatory, antineuralgic, antiheumatic, antispasmodic, andtivenomous, antitoxic, antidepressant, sedative, nervine, analgesic, hypotensol, hypertensol, digestive, expectorating, deodorizing, granulation-stimulating, circulatory-stimulating, and diuretic, and much more besides...One of the most satisfactory aspects of using essential oils medicinally and cosmetically is that they enter and leave the body with great efficiency, leaving no toxins behind. The most effective way to use essential oils is not orally, as one might think, but by external application or inhalation." ~The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy, by Valerie Ann Worwood.

Basil, for example is a good oil for bronchitis, fatigue, colds, better mental focus, migraines, gout and aches & pains.

Eucalyptus is used for sore throats, bronchitis, coughs, sinusitis, skin infections, ulcers, sores, rheumatism, aches and pains; as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.

Jasmine helps fight nervous tension, depression, menstrual problems, laryngitis, anxiety, lethargy and can be used as a relaxant.

What a wonderful pharmacy God has created for us in nature! Without additives and fillers to make them work and without leaving any toxins or side-effects behind, essential oils absorb into the skin naturally and begin working on a cellular level.

God does the same for us on a spiritual level. Recently I've been reading "The Organic God," by Margaret Feinberg. I'm also leading a small group discussion based on this same book. She makes some powerful points concerning the character of God and His natural influence in our lives.

I've noticed that when I try to make myself grow or learn a certain lesson, I fail or I forget it very quickly. But there are times when God reveals something so unexpectedly and in such a real way that I am changed.

Often He hooks me just enough so that I want to learn more, I crave more of the taste He's just given me and I begin to seek Him for more. This is God's work in me through His Holy Spirit. It is a gift from Him. I can't make myself change, become holy or even keep my mind from pride. On my own I'm helpless. But God works from within. His Spirit carries His truth throughout my being, feeding my mind, my belief system and my spirit like spiritual blood.

As Feinberg says, The Organic God is Natural, Pure and Essential.

Acts 17:28 says, "In Him we live and move and have our being."

Our relationship with God is as essential to life as our blood.

**Try this simple recipe for an Essential Oil blend that helps relaxation and mental focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment