Monday, December 3, 2012

Giving from the Heart

I'm not one of those people who knows the perfect thing to give each person. You know the kind who can find a gift that is special and specific to each recipient. I admire them. Once in a great while I can actually pull it off. But usually I just don't think of the right thing for the right person until it's too late.

I'm excited this week because I get the chance to bless the leaders in our church. I'm making them dinner. This is something I can do. I enjoy cooking when I make time to focus on it. I enjoy offering healthy, delicious food to those I love. We've budgeted time and money for it and it's finally happening this week.

My hope is that the food will be as good as if we'd taken them to a high-end restaurant. Most of us don't have the finances to go to those places, at least not often, so I hope it's a treat.


Here's my menu: Italian Roast Beef, Roasted Butternut Squash, Green Bean/Shallot Ravioli Salad, and Lemon Bunt Cake for dessert (I think).

What do you love to do that you can offer to others this year? It can be homemade, it can be simple, it can be inexpensive, as long as it's from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment