Monday, February 4, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination


 The Christian Naturalist, has been nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend, Michelle Griep! (Check out her blog at www.writerofftheleash.blogspot.com Always fun and informative). Kind of like a chain letter, the Liebster award keeps getting forwarded and raises awareness of bloggers everywhere. 

“Liebster” is a German word for favorite, and the Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers deserving wider recognition, and who have less than 200 followers. The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to spread the word about these folks and their fine work.


The rules are:
  1. Tell 11 things about yourself.
  2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
  4. Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
  5. Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.

11 Things About Me:
  1. I lived in Luxembourg for a year.
  2. One of the main characters in my novel (wip) is Native American.
  3. Cooking for other people makes me happy.
  4. I always wanted horses.
  5. The words “natural” and “organic” give me a rush.
  6. Confession: I find it difficult to make the time to read blogs.
  7. My youngest is graduating from high school this year.
  8. I like to do things naturally, or the old-fashioned way, even if it takes longer.
  9. My grandmother’s antique secretary desk makes me feel writerly.
  10. Essential oils are my medicine of choice.
  11. I wear an oversized, alpaca sweater at home all winter long. 

11 Questions I was asked:
  1. Why did you start blogging? I wanted to build a platform and share tips on natural things as well as things that have inspired me spiritually.
  2. What is your favorite genre to read? I love to read Women’s fiction and Christian Fantasy. I always like a romance in the story as well.
  3. What fictional character do you most wish were real? I’ve never considered that. I love Hadassah, from Francine Rivers’s Mark of the Lion series. If she were real, I’d like her to be my mentor.
  4. Describe your dream office for writing. This I’ve thought about. I’d love a room with high ceilings, open and neat, not cluttered. I’d like a large bay window looking out over an open field with mountains in the near distance. I’d like to be able to watch the sky and weather changing. And I’d like a cushioned sitting-bench in that window. I’d like my desk positioned in such a way that I can see out. 
  5. Name one thing you couldn’t live without. I couldn’t live without the hope and peace that only Jesus gives.
  6. If you could keep only one book, what would it be? Definitely, the Bible.
  7. If you could magically transport yourself into a book, which one would you choose and what character would you be? A tough question. I imagine myself in all my books, though I’m not sure I’d want to live there. I give my characters too many struggles for me. That goes for other books I read too. I prefer for God to build my character without all those struggles, but that’s not really reasonable, even in real life, is it?
  8. Do you have any phobias? I don’t like small, enclosed places. 
  9. What is your biggest pet peeve? I’m not sure it’s the biggest, but here in Minnesota people don’t use the word “lend.” They’ll go so far as to say, “Will you borrow me a pencil?” While homeschooling, I harped on this so much that when my boys went to public school, they corrected their English teachers in class. ...Oops. lol
  10. Describe yourself in 5 words. Gentle, Thinker, Redeemed, Natural, Writer
  11. Who is your favorite well-known author and your favorite rising author? Again favorite is hard for me to commit to because I know I’m not thinking of them all. But Francine Rivers, Kathy Tyers and Bill Myers come to mind; and as far as rising author, I think, Michelle Griep. (No, she didn’t even pay me, but I may ask her later.) 

Questions for my Nominated bloggers:
  1. What kind of blogs do you read?
  2. Which blog do you hate to miss?
  3. What are three of your favorite novels?
  4. What are three of your favorite movies?
  5. What kind of food do you like?
  6. What’s the best health tip you ever received?
  7. If you received a ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
  8. What book has most influenced your life, besides the Bible?
  9. What are your favorite writing resources?
  10. Where do you go to get unbiased help with your writing?
  11. What social media do you use/avoid? Why?


My nominations for Liebster Award: (Please take the time to check out their blogs. You won't regret it).
  1. www.apprentice2jesus.com by Dan Thompson
  2. http://whirlwindwords.blogspot.com by Eunice Machette
  3. www.christconnection.cc by Kevin Senapatiratne 
  4. http://villagesoullife.blogspot.com by Leon Longard
  5. www.ourheritageofhealth.com by Lori
  6. www.newadamearth.com by Adam Haugeberg
  7. www.writingstraight.com by Holly Michaels
  8. www.bluechippastor.com by a group of pastors
  9. http://www.speculativefaith.com by a group of speculative fiction authors
  10. http://chandrasplace.blogspot.com by Chandra Lynn Smith
  11. http://paulamoldenhauer.com/gracereign-blog/ by Paula Moldenhauer 

No comments:

Post a Comment