Monday, January 7, 2013

Waiting

As the new year begins, I sense God calling me to wait. That's it, just wait.

I feel I need to learn to wait and learn to listen to his voice. But even if I don't hear it, or He takes longer to speak than I want Him to (usually about five minutes), I must practice the discipline of waiting.

I can't even imagine waiting for a whole year. I'm more nervous about this New Year's Resolution than any I can remember. Why? Why should waiting be so hard?

I like to do...to accomplish...to take control of my life and go....

That's the problem, I'm in control. And I've been spinning my wheels. A lot of activity, even accomplishing goals I've set in the past, but with little affect on my life or that of others.

I want to make a difference in this world and in eternity. Ok, maybe this is the beginning of a mid-life crisis, but maybe it's a good thing. I NEED God's presence in my life. I need to know I'm going the direction He set for me, rather than 3-8 directions of my own choosing at any given time. This has always been a problem for me.

So...I wait.


This photo is from Joe Quatrone Jr.'s blog.
He has great advice about waiting on God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment