Monday, September 10, 2012

A Bounty of Ginger

I found a big tray full of fresh ginger at the Farmer's Market last week. I usually don't use that much ginger, but I know how good it is so I couldn't resist. Now I need to use it. I'd hate for it to dry up before I can make good use of it.

Ginger is a wonderful natural medicine. It's the best thing for digestion and upset stomach. It works well as a tea for stomach issues. And it's so soothing! Ginger is also an anti-inflammatory. It's great for joints.

It's also a great flavor to add to savory or sweet dishes.

I cut a few thick slices to put in some chicken vegetable soup. It tasted great.

With cold season approaching, keep in mind that you can boil a few slices in water as a soothing, healing tea with a tablespoon of honey.

Ginger is wonderful in Chinese and Indian food as well as most Fall/Thanksgiving recipes. Ginger can enhance any of your standby dessert recipes that call for spices.

Help me use up my ginger stash. Tell me how you like to use ginger.


No comments:

Post a Comment