Thursday, April 7, 2011

Healthy Eating Basics

Recently I've gotten a number of questions about how to eat healthy, or how to transition into a more healthy diet. I'd like to address some of those questions here. If you have more specific questions about diet, nutrition or alternative healing, you may post a comment here or email me here.

My first and most basic rules for diet come from Rex Russell, M.D. in his book, What the Bible Says About Healthy Living. I read his book years ago and always come back to his three principles. It makes choices so simple, though not always easy. Those principles are:

1. Eat only substances God created for food.
2. As much as possible, eat foods as they were created.
3. Avoid food addictions.

We'll explore each of these in more depth in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment