Saturday, July 3, 2010

Obedience & Death

Why do I resist total obedience?

I'm like a toddler who doesn't understand why I can't touch the hot stove. you say, "No," but it's all I want to do in that moment. Often You allow it that I might learn from the experience.

I need to die to this flesh, trusting that Your knowledge is above my own. Yet I continue to resist Your nudgings to go beyond my comfort zone.

Why do I resist?

Death is a separation of body and spirit, so naturally we resist it. But spiritually we yearn for it in order to be free from the body's limitations and soar with God's Spirit.

Every time we deny the flesh it dies a little.

"If you are living according to the flesh, you must die;
but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live."
Romans 8:13 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment